We offer extensive furniture storage in Johannesburg. Whether you need to store furniture long term or temporarily, a spacious self-storage unit is the simplest and safest option.
If you’re relocating, renovating or simply have some furniture you no longer have room for, furniture storage can be a lifesaver.
Storage branches in Johannesburg
XtraSpace offers clean and dry furniture storage units in a range of sizes all over the greater Johannesburg area.
All of our facilities offer 24-hour CCTV monitoring and alarm systems. Only our clients have direct access to their storage units.
Furniture storage in Johannesburg CBD
XtraSpace has two branches in the Johannesburg CBD. One is in Commissioner Street; the other on Heidelberg Road.
Commissioner Street offers units starting from 5 m2 all the way up to an extensive 200 m2. Heidelberg Road has storage units from 3 m2 to 45 m2.
Furniture storage in Johannesburg South
Our two Johannesburg South branches are located in Booysens and Robertsham. Both offer clean and secure self-storage units in a range of sizes.
Booysens offers units ranging in size from 6 m2 to 90 m2. At the Robertsham branch on Kindon Road, sizes range from 2.5 m2 up to 28 m2.
Furniture storage in Sandton
Our two Sandton branches are both located in Wynberg on 5th Street and Thora Crescent.
XtraSpace Store Some More on 5th Street has storage units ranging in size from 30 m2 to 150 m2. Our Thora Crescent facility has units from 2 m2 all the way up to 100 m2.
Furniture storage in Kempton Park
Our Kempton Park branch is close to OR Tambo International Airport, making it accessible via major highways in the area and easy to find. This branch offers secure self-storage units in sizes ranging from 9 m2 up to 36 m2.
What to look for in a Johannesburg furniture storage facility
It pays to be picky when you’re looking for furniture storage. It might be tempting to rent a friend’s garage but you’re risking dirt, damp, pests and, ultimately, ruined upholstery.
The storage facility you choose should always have the following:
- clean and dry storage spaces (especially in humid Johannesburg)
- a high level of security and access control
- large storage units that comfortably hold your furniture
- easy and safe to access.
Furniture storage tips
Furniture can be stored safely for long periods of time. It’s still a good idea to take extra precautions and prepare furniture items to avoid damage. Follow these expert tips:
- place furniture on wooden pallets or cardboard to create a barrier between it and the floor
- wrap feet and fragile parts with bubble wrap or aerothene to protect from scratches
- disassemble items with removable shelves or drawers
- make sure all furniture items are clean and 100% dry
- vacuum upholstered furniture and consider a deep clean
- clean and polish wooden furniture
- cover furniture with dust covers or blankets but avoid plastic
- use silica gel packets to counteract Johannesburg’s humidity.
Finding a reliable mover in Johannesburg
If you need help from a mover to get your furniture to the storage facility, always research potential moving companies. Start with recommendations from friends or family.
Look at online reviews from former clients to get an idea of cost, service, friendliness and reliability. Once you’ve made a shortlist, get quotes and compare prices before making a final decision.
What you can expect from XtraSpace’s furniture storage
XtraSpace’s furniture storage facilities offer a range of benefits, including:
- different size storage units
- access control and 24/7 security
- CCTV monitoring and alarm systems
- friendly service and assistance from staff
- after-hours access can be arranged
- flexible month-to-month terms
- savings on long-term storage.
At XtraSpace, we offer clean, secure self-storage units that are ideal for furniture storage in Johannesburg until you’re ready to move them into your new home or premises. Contact us for more information or browse to find a branch near you.