Furniture storage is useful when you move, inherit items of furniture, upgrade your existing furniture or simply need to clear space.
Three XtraSpace branches offer affordable furniture storage in Cape Town.
Tips for furniture storage
To protect furniture in storage, it’s best to:
- disassemble larger items and place smaller bits and pieces in labelled boxes or sealable bags
- ideally, store the furniture off the ground, on wooden pallets or layers of cardboard
- place the pieces a couple of centimetres away from the walls
- cover each piece with a dust cover, furniture blanket or old sheet
- protect mirrors and glass table tops by re-enforcing the edges with cardboard, and then wrapping each item in bubble wrap
- leave a thoroughfare you can use to get in and out of the storage unit.
Furniture storage near Cape Town Airport
Our Airport Industria branch is ideal if you need to store furniture near Cape Town Airport. The branch is easily accessible from the N2 highway and just minutes from the airport.
Furniture storage in the Northern Suburbs
Our Bellville branch is situated along Strand Road in the heart of the Bellville CBD.
A little further out and roughly equal distances from Paarl, Stellenbosch and the Cape Town CBD, our Kraaifontein branch is minutes from the N1 highway.
What to look for in a furniture storage facility
The replacement cost of furniture is high. When you store your household possessions, you want them to be kept in secure surroundings that are cool, dry and pest-free. You’ll also want to be able to access your goods when you need to.
Four key features you should look for in a furniture storage facility are:
- Security - choose a self-storage facility that has advanced security measures in place. The last thing you’ll want is to incur a loss due to theft.
- Quality - find units that are clean, hygienic, weather-proof and well-maintained. Mould and damp can stain wood, corrode steel and destroy upholstery.
- Access – opt for a self-storage company that’s easy to get to and that offers convenient access to stored items. Also, it’s not a great idea to navigate through an unknown or potentially dangerous area to reach a storage facility isn’t a great idea, especially with crime in South Africa as high as it is.
- Customer service – sign-up with a self-storage provider that’s prepared to go the extra mile. Whether it’s extending access hours, helping you choose a suitably sized self-storage unit, or giving you a hand, a storage supplier that’s friendly, helpful and considerate deserves your support.
Furniture storage with XtraSpace: what we offer
All our storage facilities feature:
- storage units in a range of sizes
- excellent security, with CCTV monitoring, security guards, alarm systems and proper night-time lighting
- personalised customer service, with friendly branch managers and support staff
- after-hours access on request
- affordable short- or longer-term furniture storage rates.