Storing a large item such as a caravan or motorhome for any length of time can be tricky in South Africa’s densely populated urban areas. Space constraints, municipal bylaws, extreme weather conditions and the ever-present threat of vandalism or theft all pose challenges for caravan owners.
Benefits of Storing your Caravan with XtraSpace Self Storage
- low-cost storage solutions tailored to your individual requirements
- high-level security, with CCTV monitoring systems, security beams, 24-hour armed response and instant access to firefighting equipment
- monthly rental arrangements for the short or long-term
- the option of outdoor self-storage on clean hard flat surfaces to enable optimum manoeuvrability and vehicle safety
- storage locations chosen to allow for rapid vehicle drop offs and pick ups so that you can get on and off the road quickly and effortlessly
- all-day access to your vehicle during office hours, and after hours on request.
Preparing a Caravan for Self-storage
- give the exterior of your caravan a thorough clean and apply wax or a waterproof cover for protection against the elements
- fit additional security such as hitch locks and wheel clamps, and remember to notify your insurer
- clean and spray Q20 onto all electrical contact points between the caravan and the tow vehicle
- ensure all caravan steadies are down to stabilise the vehicle
- leave the fridge door ajar on the hitch that’s provided to prevent a build-up of mildew
- cover upholstery with dust sheets
- close all gas valves at the source and remove the gas bottle/s from the premises – note that we don’t store flammable materials.